Monday, May 23, 2011

Wrapping it up and Tying a Bow

I can't believe it, but today was our last day of field work! The days have gone by so quickly, but I am ready to head to Madrid in a few days and then back to the U.S. of A. in less than two weeks. We finished up the tethered intruder experiments with a whopping 10 trials today, made possible by the gorgeous weather. We had a period of not good weather, but for the last couple of days it has been beautiful and sunny. The Mediterranean has finally warmed up enough so I can go swimming without a wetsuit for a short period of time. At the end of each field day we've been taking swims and yesterday I went body surfing for the first time. Last night, Jeremy and I tagged along with Nate and his friend Ben for a sunset bike ride around the salt flats.
I'm really looking forward to a change of pace. Visiting Madrid will be a nice finish to this trip. At the end of the Galapagos trip, we were very sad about leaving our host families and our beautiful island home, but we had a few day buffer period in Quito that rounded out the trip. We were able to spend a few days reflecting, relaxing, and a little bit of adventuring before we returned to the states. In the same way, I think it will be nice to spend a week exploring Madrid at a slow pace and enjoying the break before returning home. Ryan and Marina have to start working right away upon returning to the U.S., but I am fortunate that I get to spend a lazy June at home in the Berkshires before going to Miami to work for the rest of the summer. Hopefully before then we can enjoy the rest of our stay here on Formentera.
Thank You Nature

My Lizard Catch Count: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment