Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day


I know a lot of people say this, but for me it’s actually true. I have the best mother in the world. I love her so much and unlike most people, I never went through the “I hate my mother” stage that normally hits around middle school time. She’s always been there for me and has guided me as I have grown up. My sisters will agree when I say that our mother is the most wonderful woman in the world. She is one of the most kind and genuine people I know and spreads love to literally everyone she sees. Even if she doesn’t know them.(When she came to the Galapagos to visit she said hi to a group of teenagers standing on a street corner in Puerto Ayora) Another great quality my mother has is common sense.  My mother is also the best gardener in the world. She can make anything grow. I think it’s because the plants can feel her love and her expectations and it motivates them to be the best they can be in order to make her proud. This woman has got her ducks in a row. The best part about it though, is that I get to be her daughter. And I know she did a good job raising me. During this time abroad I have often heard my mothers voice in my head when I was feeling physically sick or homesick or anything else, it comforted me even if she was far away. Thank you Mom-o for everything you do. I know I’ve been away for a while, but coming soon we get to spend a whole month together!








1 comment: