Thursday, February 17, 2011

Adios

One thing that is different with the Spanish in the Galapagos compared to the Spanish I learned in high school is that they don't say adios to say goodbye, only ciao. This is because adios is final, there is no going back so they only use it when someone is moving away for an extended period of time like I will be in April. But today I say adios, because I'm not sure how many people actually read this blog and I don't want to leave you all hanging. My 1.5 year old macbook pro has suffered a painful death and is completely out of commission.  Thankfully my friend Ryan has two computers with him so I am using his tiny netbook until my parents can bring me a computer when they arrive next weekend. Hopefully they can get my computer fixed so it will be ready when I get home. Hopefully.
In the meantime we are now studying marine ecology which involves snorkeling every single day, plus lots of reading scientific papers, writing lab reports based on the data we collected when snorkeling (I'm getting good at holding a clipboard, pencil, fish ID, camera, and quadrat while snorkeling in some rough swells. We are also starting to collect data for individual projects. My point is between my lack of a computer and the amount of time consumed with this course, the blog is going on the back burner for a while. So as long as you don't hear from me, assume I am still alive, healthy, happy, and learning more than I ever thought I would about yellowtail damselfish and all the other species of fish in the Galapagos. We have an overnight field trip next week to Floreana which I am very excited for. Besides that, life is life. 
And so I say adios to you all. The next time I will blog will probably be with my parents or when this class ends next Saturday. Maybe I'll make my parents do a guest post about our adventures as tourists on a cruise boat. Until then, I will continue to take pictures and mental memories to share with you all when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you're alive, healthy, and happy! xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO don't leave!!! This is the only way I can pretend to talk to you! tears! Can you call me when Mom and Dad are there? I miss you! Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete