Friday, January 7, 2011

Making the Best of It

Yesterday was my 20th birthday and of course, it had to rain. And not only did it rain, it poured. Not only did it pour, there was also thunder and lightning. It has not been rainy for weeks and the one day that the skies choose to open up has to be my birthday. I had been hoping to go to the zoo and not stopped talking about for weeks prior (more like it was my 2nd birthday, not my 20th). So rain or shine, WE WERE GOING TO THE ZOO. The lightning sirens on the golf course were going off as we got in the car and they continued when we picked up my aunt and uncle. So the five of us went to the zoo. In the rain. Happy Birthday to me. It really wasn't terrible except for a couple of downpours and some very unhappy, wet animals. Look on the bright side, we were the only ones in the zoo except for 3 other families.





 The giraffes were one of the best sites there. They were in a temporary exhibit while they built them a paradise and we assumed that it was getting close to feeding time because they kept going to the back of the enclosure and sticking their heads over the fence. They would also start running in circles around the enclosure. And once one started in, they all started a stampede, but much more graceful.
One of my other favorite animals there were the fish in the ponds. For 25 cents you were able to buy a whole handful of cat food and feed it to the overpopulated pond of fish. Definitely a highlight of the day. The second pond had turtles and I might have fallen in love with a snapping turtle. I named him Bowser.
 We left the zoo pretty early and obtained rain checks so we can go back to the zoo any day for FREE. I refused to eat dinner so early in the afternoon so we stopped by Starbucks and headed to the beach. And of course I had to get a picture with the ocean on my birthday.
 I'm good at hiding it, but it was very very cold and windy. After the beach, we went to Outback where we all stuffed ourselves with amazing food. I love that place. AND when we got home we got to eat just about the biggest red velvet cupcakes ever.

1 comment:

  1. HANNAH THE REASON WHY IT WAS RAINING CAUSE THE ANGELS WERE CRYING AT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE AND THE THUNDER WAS FROM BLOWING THEIR NOSES

    OH WATCH OUT IN THE GALAPAGOS YOU NEVER KNOW IF A TURTLE WILL TURN INTO A PTERODACTYL

    (YOU GET IT???? ITS AN EVOLUTION JOKE, YEAH I WENT THERE)

    OH HAVE A HAPPY BITHRDAY AGAIN CAUSE ITS NOT A TRUE BIRTHDAY UNTIL I SAY CONGRATS TWICE

    AND THIS IS ALL IN CAPS CAUSE IM SO EXCITED
    JUST LIKE WHEN I BROKE MY SLEEP RECORD OF 14 HOURS. I WAS LIKE, DAMN I WAS TIRED.

    ReplyDelete